Here’s our summary of the discussion on ground rules and expectations from last Tuesday’s session. Please feel free to add your comments.
Expectations of students
- Collaborative working (e.g. group projects, online discussions, blogging).
- Reflection and criticality.
- Active participation – contributing, asking questions, reading and responding to blog posts, showing initiative, doing your share, preparation, self-directed reading .
- Independent learning – taking responsibility for your own study, and raising issues if they occur.
- Time management – attendance, punctuality and meeting deadlines (e.g. assignments).
- Professional conduct (e.g. adherence to university rules and regulations, adhering to ethical standards).
- Supporting others, having respect for others, and listening to others.
- Appropriate online conduct (netiquette).
Expectations of staff
- Communicating our availability (office hours).
- Prompt reply to emails (within three working days maximum, but sooner if possible).
- Provision of feedback (e.g. blog comments, reviewing assignment plans)
- Openness to feedback.
- Professional conduct (e.g. punctuality, appropriate preparation).
- Support for group learning (e.g. fair facilitation of discussion and awareness of group dynamics).
- Opportunities for interaction, including social events.